Propylene Glyco, Glycerol, Citric Acid, Sucrose, artificial peach flavour, water, Sodium Benzoate as preservative.
Claratyne Syrup is a fast-acting, non-drowsy treatment used to relieve the symptoms of perennial and seasonal allergic rhinitis, commonly referred to as hayfever. It provides daily relief from sneezing, running or itchy nose, nasal congestion, throat discomfort, and irritated or watery eyes. Claratyne Syrup also alleviates the symptoms of other allergic skin conditions including urticaria, or "hives", consisting of red, itchy lumps that develop on the skin's surface. The active ingredient in Claratyne Syrup is 1mg/ml of the antihistamine Loratadine. Loratadine helps to reduce allergy symptoms by preventing the effects of the substance histamine, which is produced by the body in response to substances it is allergic to. Claratyne Syrup is available in a 100ml bottle of syrup.
- Children aged 1 to 2 years of age - Take 2.5ml of Claratyne Syrup once daily.
- Children aged 2 to 12 years of age weighing less than 30kg - Take 5ml of Claratyne Syrup once daily.
- Children aged 2 to 12 years of age weighing more than 30kg - Take 10ml of Claratyne Syrup once daily.
- Adults and children over 12 years of age - Take 10ml of Claratyne Syrup once daily.
- Claratyne Syrup is not be used by children under 1 year of age unless advised otherwise by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Do not take a double dosage of Claratyne Syrup if you forget to take your daily amount. If you miss a daily dose but remember more than 12 hours before you are due to take your next dose then take it as normal. If it is less than 12 hours before your next dose then skip that day's dose and take the next dose when it is due.
Warnings and Cautions
- Consult with your doctor or pharmacist before using Claratyne Syrup if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Consult with your doctor or pharmacist before taking Claratyne Syrup if you have liver or severe kidney problems.
- Claratyne Syrup is unlikely to cause drowsiness. If you do find that you become affected do not drive a vehicle or operate machinery.
- Do not use Claratyne Syrup if you are allergic to Loratadine or any of the other ingredients of Claratyne Syrup. Claratyne Syrup does not contain gluten but does contain lactose, sucrose, and sodium benzoate as the preservative.
- Keep Claratyne out of the reach of young children.
- In some cases, possible side effects of this medication may include headaches, nervousness, fidgeting or sleepiness.
- Keep Claratyne Syrup in a cool place and store below 30°C/85°F. Protect from direct sunlight.
Claratyne is manufactured by Schering-Plough Pty Ltd, Wellington, New Zealand.
If you are currently taking other medications, have other medical conditions, you may be pregnant, or you are breastfeeding, please contact us to talk to a pharmacist.