Lomide (Lodoxamide) Eye Drops
Lodoxamide Trometamol equivalent to Lodoxamide 1mg/ml.
Benzalkonium Chloride, Disodium Edetate, Mannitol, Hypromellose, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, Tyloxapol, Purified water.
Lomide Eye Drops are specially formulated to treat seasonal allergic conjunctivitis, an allergic condition that commonly occurs when pollen, dust or other allergens come into contact with the eye. When the allergen comes into contact with the "Mast Cells" in the conjunctiva, which is the moist, red area surrounding the eye socket, then it provokes red, sore and watery eyes. Lomide will also treat the condition known as vernal keratoconjunctivitis, which involves itching, soreness and swelling of the eyelid or around the eye. Lomide contains the active ingredient Lodoxamide Trometamol, a "Mast Cell Stabiliser", equivalent to Lodoxamide 1mg/ml.
Lomide Eye Drops can be used as a preventative measure about one week before you usually suffer seasonal allergy symptoms to reduce their severity. Lomide Eye Drops are available in a 10ml bottle with an attached dropper.
- Adults - Place 1 drop in the affected eyes 4 times daily, taken at regular intervals evenly spread throughout the day, or as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Do not take a double dosage of Lomide Eye Drops if you forget to take your next dose. If you miss a dose but remember well before you are due to take your next dose then take it as normal. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take only your next regularly scheduled dose. For use in the eyes only. Do not touch the dropper tip to your eye or any other surface. Replace the cap after each use.
- Remove any soft contact lenses before using Lomide Eye Drops. Soft contact lenses can be reinserted 15 minutes after using Lomide Eye Drops.
- After using Lomide wait at least ten minutes before using any other eye drops.
- Lomide Eye Drops are not to be used by children under 4 years of age, unless otherwise directed by your doctor.
Warnings and Cautions
- Do not use Lomide if you suffer from glaucoma or serious eye conditions
- Consult with your doctor or pharmacist before using Lomide in conjunction with other eye drops
- Caution should be taken when driving or performing hazardous tasks if Lomide causes changes to your vision
- Do not use Lomide if you are allergic to Lodoxamide Trometamol or have hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients of Lomide, which includes Benzalkonium Chloride 0.07mg/ml as the preservative
- Keep Lomide out of the reach of children
- In some cases, possible side effects of this medication may include: Discomfort or irritation in the eye, Blurred vision
- Keep Lomide in a cool, dry place. Store below 25°C/75°F. Protect from direct sunlight.
- Record the day bottle was opened and discard four weeks after it was opened or if solution becomes cloudy or changes colour.
Lomide is marketed by Pacific Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Auckland, New Zealand.
If you are currently taking other medications, have other medical conditions, you may be pregnant, or you are breastfeeding, please contact us to talk to a pharmacist.