Naphcon-A (Naphazoline) Eye Drops
Naphazoline Hydrochloride 0.25mg/ml, Pheniramine Maleate 3mg/ml.
Naphcon-A Eye Drops, also know as Opcon-A, combines an antihistamine and a decongestant to provide effective and comfortable relief from the symptoms of allergic conjunctivitis, including watery, red and itchy eyes.
The active ingredients of Naphcon-A Eye Drops are the decongestant Naphazoline Hydrochloride 0.25mg/ml and the antihistamine Pheniramine Maleate 3mg/ml. Naphcon-A Eye Drops are available in a 15ml bottle with an attached dropper.
- Adults - Place 1 or 2 drops in the affected eyes 3 to 4 times daily as required, or as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- For use in the eyes only. Do not touch the dropper tip to your eye or any other surface. Replace the cap after each use.
- Remove any soft contact lenses before using Naphcon-A. Soft contact lenses can be reinserted 15 minutes after using Naphcon-A Eye Drops.
- Naphcon-A Eye Drops are not to be used by children under 6 years of age, unless otherwise directed by your doctor.
Warnings and Cautions
- Prolonged use of Naphcon-A may be harmful.
- Do not use Naphcon-A if you suffer from glaucoma or serious eye conditions.
- Consult with your doctor or pharmacist before using Naphcon-A in conjunction with other eye drops.
- Caution should be taken when driving or performing hazardous tasks if Naphcon-A causes changes to your vision.
- Do not use Naphcon-A if you are allergic to Naphazoline Hydrochloride, Pheniramine Maleate or have hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients of Naphcon-A, which include Sodium Chloride and Benzalkonium Chloride 0.1mg/ml as the preservative.
- Keep Naphcon-A out of the reach of children.
- In some cases, possible side effects of this medication may include: Temporary enlargement of the pupils, Reddening of the eyes if overused.
- Keep Naphcon-A in a cool, dry place. Store below 25?C/75?F. Protect from direct sunlight.
- Record the day bottle was opened and discard four weeks after it was opened or if solution becomes cloudy or changes colour.
Naphcon-A is marketed by Pacific Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Auckland, New Zealand.
If you are currently taking other medications, have other medical conditions, you may be pregnant, or you are breastfeeding, please contact us to talk to a pharmacist.